Thursday 14 June 2012

Hendybadgers Hobby Update - June 2012






As some of you may have noticed, I haven't had a whole lot of hobby related things going on recently.
So I thought I would give you all a little update about where everything stands.

BLOG

There are LOADS of things lined up for this blog in the next few weeks.
Reviews - Merchantman and Warship ships from Ainsty Castings, Pirate buildings, Sea Dog and Sea Prince ships from Games of War, Judges, Punks and Robot gangs from Judge Dredd by Mongoose Publishing, GW Temple of Skulls and more.

The 'Win a Hendybadger' winner will be announced very soon. Just waiting on one more vote to come in.

ToaTS is almost at 100'000 hits. What an awesome landmark! When I started I never expected it to get to this point.
And how do I thank all of my wonderful readers, followers and viewers?
With an AWESOME GIVEAWAY! Over £70 worth of minis!
If you want to take part though, you need to be a follower of this blog using the box under the tags box on the right>>>>>>>>>>>>

An unboxing of Mantics Warpath starter set thanks to PJ at Shades of Chaos

New Pulp City battle reports. Maybe even some in a 'comic book' style

Any new news I like the look of and several other bits and pieces inc my own painting progress

EVENTS

I will be running a couple of Pulp City demos in the next couple of weeks at PAW and the Giants Lair in Plymouth. Even have a demo booked with the awesome Warhammer Joey/ The Joey Berry

PERSONNAL HOBBY

A lot has changed in my life over the last few months. Our first child, odd working hours, Mrs Badger now being on unpaid maternity leave etc.
This means that I have a whole lot less hobby time and hobby funds that I did this time last year.
So, what am I doing?

I want to use my precious time and money on my all time favourite game. Yeah you guessed it - the Supreme Pulp City


I have a few PC projects on the go.

Scenery - 
I now have 2 Urban boards that I want to finish off. Maybe give the buildings a lick of paint.
Planning a couple of Industrial boards including a large canal.
Also want to do some weird and wonderful boards like you see in comics. The moons surface, jungle, city park, docks etc

Models-
I have 4 main goals. To Collect, Build, Play and Paint every Pulp City mini.


I now have all but the elusive June Summers reporter (do you have a spare or know someone who does?) Some will have doubles as well due to a painting aim.
All but 5 of those are now made.
About 75% have been used in games
Painting sort of deserves its own headline

Then there are the soon to be released Monster Rules. I am collecting a range of 4"+ minis from several other companies to use with this new addition to the game.

Painting -
Before now I have painted around 40 minis in 5 years of gaming. The first 25 were flat colour Tyranids and not much happened since.
I saved my pennies and invested in the new GW paint range and painting guide. Over the last few months I have also collected all of the extra painting guides in White Dwarf.
Time to teach myself how to paint properly! (any hints and tips are welcome) Not just dry brushing and washing for me anymore.

The Pulp City painting has a couple of side projects.
1- One of each PC mini in an original paint scheme
2- All of the scenery
3- The Pulp City Avengers - Heroes  inspired by Marvel supers (3-5 are doubles from painting project 1)
4- The Pulp City X-Men - Villains inspired by Marvel supers
5 - Pulp City Marvels - Any that don't fit into the X-Men or Avengers themes.
6- Monsters from a range of different companies

OTHER

Soon I will play testing for a tabletop game. But that's all I can say at the moment.Shhhhhh........

So that's that.........
Hope you all enjoy reading Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher in the future!

Hendybadger awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh a secret minis game? Do tell more. BTW, great content coming from your site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit of a teaser. :) But Im positive its going to be amazing!

      Thanks very much skywatcher. This is just a rough plan at the moment. I sure other things will appear aswell

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...