Tuesday 17 February 2015

Batman Model Reiew - CWs Arrow and Jason Todd Red Hood


For this review I'm going to be looking at two of the January releases for the Batman Miniatures game from Knight Models.
A pair of 'good' guys that are considered to be more lethal vigilantes that clean the towns up in their own special, deadly ways.
I was over the moon when I spotted these up for order as they are probably two of my favourite DC characters.
CWs Arrow, Oliver Queen and the New 52 Red Hood, Jason Todd.


The packaging is the usual KM standards. Clear blisters that have the part held in tightly with foam and a backing card showing a painted version of the model which also doubles up as the stat card.b


Inside the blisters you will find two 35mm scale, metal, highly detailed, multi-part models.
Each comes with a 30mm plastic base and fold out stat card.

The Arrow is a 125 Rep $0 Leader for the Green Arrow crew. He has medium to high stats across the board and three different types of arrow. All arrows are Mechanic and have Aim. The Standard comes in at 2 Blood, Serrated is 2 Blood and Sharp and the Concussion has 1 Blood, 1 Stun and Flash. All that Blood damage makes me think that this Arrow is from Season 1 and not afraid to kill a bad guy or two.
Arrows Special Trait Multifire lets him increase his ROF by 2 if he doesn't move for 1 SC.
Combine all of this with his other Traits of Acrobat, Counterattack, Good Aim, Hook Arrow, Multifire, Shooter, Stealth and Weapon Master makes him a very dangerous member of your crew.

EDIT: Due to a misprint, Weapon Master on Arrow has been replaced with Master Marksman. MUCH better!

Red Hood is an 84 Rep, $400 Sidekick for the Batman and new Organised Crime crews. With stats only a little lower than Arrow's, Red Hood comes into his own when you look at his weapons and Traits.
A pair of 1 Blood, 1 Stun, ROF 3, Ammo 3 Automatic guns combined with Gunman means he can throw out a lot of bullets per turn. Red Hoods Special Trait adds to this  by letting him shoot at enemies with full ROF while within 5cm of them.
His other Traits of Acrobat, Agile,Kevlar Vest, Martial Artist, Searcher and Shooter means the Red Hood can get where he needs to go, avoid damage and take down his targets easy enough.


A closer look at the models shows that fantastic detail.
Arrow comes in four parts. Body, quiver, bow and head. He also has an additional head so you can have him hood up or hood down.
Red Hood is a fairly simple model of only three parts. Main boy and two arms.
In my excitement to get these two built I 'may' have forgotten to take my usual mould lines picture.
To be honest, it wouldn't have shown much anyway. There was hardly anything on Arrow and Red Hood just had one up the side of his helmet that was easy enough to remove.


The builds for these two were really simple. The parts on each fitted together well with very small gaps on the joints that can be filled with a little liquid green stuff in minutes.
I chose the hooded head for Arrow because I'm terrible at faces.
Like the rest of my collection, I decided to cut off the tabs and mount them on Fenris Games Post Apoc base toppers.



"My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal: survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish. To use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become.. something else." - Arrow, Season 1

The Arrow model is stunning. I love it! The fact it has two head options lets people use the Arrow they want to as well. Or just buy two like I did.
Now the GA crew has an official Leader, I have put together a 300 Rep crew that will be tested out very soon.

Leader - Arrow - 125 Rep - $0
Sidekick - Speedy - 74 Rep - $200
Free Agent - Black Canary - 69 Rep - $0
Henchman - Baton Police - 16 Rep - $0
Henchman - Tonfa Police - 14 Rep - $0

At 298 Rep and $200, this leaves you some extra $$$ to give the police an extra piece of equipment each. Arrow and Speedy won't have any problem taking models out at range while Canary takes them on close up and the Police head for the objectives.

"I'm not talking about killing Penguin or Scarecrow or Dent. I'm talking about him. Just him. And doing it because... Because he took me away from you." - Jason Todd, Under the Red Hood

Red Hood is another stunning model. Some people don't like the pose but I see him as dropping down into the middle of a group of Henchmen and taking out as many as he can.
It is a shame he cant work with Speedy though as an Outlaws crew would have been great.
The Organised Crime crew doesn't have many options at the moment, but the addition of Jason Todd to the Batman crew means all the boys can now be taken together. Dick, Jason, Tim and Damien.

Sidekick - Red Hood - 84 Rep - $400
Sidekick - Nightwing - 85 Rep - $0
Free Agent - Robin (Drake) - 68 Rep - $200
Free Agent - Robin (Damien) - 50 Rep - $0
Henchman - Tonfa Police - 14 Rep - $0

At 301 and Rep $600 it's a little (1 Rep) over the limit but who cares right? With only 1 Henchman available the boys will have to do most of the work themselves. I doubt that will be a problem though. Can't wait to try this one out.

Overall, I'm a massive fan of both of these releases. The scores come to......

Red Hood - 9/10 Badger Points

Arrow - 10/10 Badger Points

What do you think of these?
Will you be picking up either of them?

- Hendybadger

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going to pick these ones up. Especially the Red Hood miniature looks great!
    Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...